Character Vs. Behavior
Difference between Character and Behavior: – All human beings are and act differently.
Among the things that differentiate us from the rest of the animals, one of the main ones is our complexity.
We are sociable and given that society is constantly changing, we also change to adjust to the demands of each moment or context.
Everyone has a perception of himself, but others also create an idea about us.
Difference between Character and Behavior
If you think behavior and character are the same things, continue reading here we will discuss the difference between Character and Behavior in detail.
The character of a person has to do with the inner qualities that he possesses and are particular, understands; your personality.
It refers to the kind of person who is “inside.” It involves ethics and morals, as well as a mental concept that each one has about him.
There are thousands of human beings and they all have different types of character.
It is something that each one carries so deep inside that it is a difficult task, not to say almost impossible to change someone’s character.
Some research suggests that certain characteristics of personality (character) can be inherited from parents.
Also, it is important to emphasize that some people fix to be in a certain way to make belief to others something that they really are not;
therefore, in many cases, it can be quite difficult to determine the character of a person with the naked eye.
Both things have a major impact on life.
At the moment of evaluating this, we must take into account, something that has been repeating for centuries: “appearances deceive”. Character and behavior are related.
Behavior can be defined as the behavior of each person.
It has to do with the actions and reactions of individuals.
It can change depending on the purposes you have and the other people with whom you relate.
For example, your behavior may change or be different when you are with your family compared to when you are with your friends.
The way to talk to them (kindly or rudely) and to react to their demands, requests can be totally different.
There are certain behaviors that are acceptable or unacceptable by society.
In a general sense, it comes from the culture, emotions, values, and morals of each one.
In short, behavior is the aspect of the personality that is externalized and that is determined mainly by the mind and feelings;
while the character is the inner conceptualization (in our mind) that we form about ourselves, it is our personality.
Key differences between character and behavior
- Personality is taken to be what we are while behaviour is what we do. We cannot change what we are but we can change what we do.
- Character or personality is an internal construct that characterizes and distinguishes each person.
- While behavior is largely the exteriorization of our character
- (although there are cases in which character and behavior are not correlated).
- The behavior changes easily and can be influenced by many factors,
- While the character is relatively constant and does not change easily.
- Behavior is the external appearance without being confirmed or supported by the mind and feelings. Character is what is supported by the mind and feelings
- character is a being involved in the action of a story while behaviour is the way a living creature behaves or acts
- A character is a set of qualities that make someone or something different from others. Behavior, on the other hand, refers the way of behaving, the actions or reactions you give to others