The Glock 17 and Glock 19 are two of the most popular handguns on the market. Though they share many similarities, there are some key differences between the two that may make one or the other better suited for your needs. Here’s a look at some of those differences.
What is Glock 17?
- Glock 17 is a 9mm semi-automatic handgun that was developed by Austrian gun manufacturer Glock. The Glock 17 was designed as a military and law enforcement weapon, and it has become one of the most popular handguns in the world.
- The Glock 17 has a polymer frame and a striker-fired action, and it is available in several different variations. The Glock 17 is an accurate and reliable weapon, and it is easy to use.
- It is also lightweight and compact, making it easy to carry. Glock 17 handguns are used by police and military forces around the world, and they are also popular with civilian shooters.
What is Glock 19?
- Glock 19 is a Glock 19 handgun designed by the Austrian manufacturer Glock. It entered the Austrian military and police service by 1982 after it was the top performer during reliability tests.
- Glock 19 is used by numerous law enforcement agencies and has been adopted as a standard-issue sidearm of the armed forces in many countries.
- Glock 19 has a large magazine capacity, high durability, and moderate weight, making it an ideal choice for self-defense and duty use.
- Many Glock 19 handguns have an accessory rail that allows for the attachment of lasers and lights. Glock 19 is available in a variety of finishes, such as black, titanium, and copper.
Differences between Glock 17 and Glock 19
Glock 17 and Glock 19 are two of the most popular handguns on the market. Though they are similar in many ways, there are some important distinctions between the two.
- The Glock 17 is a full-size pistol, while the Glock 19 is a compact pistol. As a result, the Glock 17 has a longer barrel and a higher magazine capacity. However, the Glock 19 is easier to carry and conceal.
- It is also more accurate, due to its shorter barrel. Another difference between Glock 17 and Glock 19 is that the Glock 17 has a rail system for attaching accessories, while the Glock 19 does not.
- Finally, the Glock 17 is available in 9mm, .40 S&W, and .357 SIG, while the Glock 19 is only available in 9mm. These differences make each gun better suited for different purposes.
For example, the Glock 17 would be a better choice for open carry or home defense, while the Glock 19 would be a better choice for concealed carry or self-defense. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference and intended use.
If you’re looking for a gun that packs a bigger punch with a longer barrel, the Glock 17 might be the better option for you. However, if you want something more compact that is still easy to handle and shoot accurately, go with the Glock 19. Whichever model you choose, make sure to practice often and become comfortable with your weapon so that when it comes time to use it in self-defense, you will be able to do so effectively.