As the November election nears, many voters are still undecided on who to choose for president. On one hand, you have Donald Trump with his grandiose promises of making America great again. On the other hand, you have Hillary Clinton with her more moderate policies and experience as a legislator. So, what are the key differences between these two candidates? Let’s take a closer look.
Who is Donald Trump?
Donald Trump is an American businessman, television personality, and the 45th President of the United States. Born and raised in Queens, New York City, Trump received an economics degree from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. He subsequently took charge of The Trump Organization, the real estate and construction firm founded by his paternal grandfather, Fred Trump.
- During his business career, Trump has built office towers, hotels, casinos, golf courses, and other properties. He has also produced and hosted The Apprentice, a reality television show that aired for 14 seasons on NBC.
- In 2015, he announced his candidacy for President of the United States and went on to win the Republican nomination against a field of 16 other candidates.
- In the general election, he faced Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton and won with an Electoral College majority while losing the popular vote. He became the oldest and wealthiest person ever to assume the presidency, the first without prior military experience or government service, and the fifth to have won despite losing the popular vote.
As president, Trump has faced significant criticism from both domestic and international media outlets. He has enacted a number of controversial policies during his time in office, including travel bans targeting several Muslim-majority countries and the repeal of DACA.
Who is Hillary Clinton?
Hillary Clinton is a former First Lady, Senator from New York, and Secretary of State. She was the first woman to be nominated for president by a major political party and she ran a closely contested race against Donald Trump in 2016.
Clinton has been a champion of women’s rights and equal opportunity throughout her career. She has also been an advocate for early childhood education and healthcare reform. As First Lady, she worked to pass the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Children’s Health Insurance Program.
As Secretary of State, she helped to broker a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas and negotiated a nuclear arms agreement with Iran. Hillary Clinton is a tireless fighter for justice and equality who has dedicated her life to public service.
Differences between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton
Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are two very different people. Donald Trump is a billionaire business mogul who has never been elected to office, while Hillary Clinton is a former first lady, senator, and secretary of state.
- Donald Trump is known for his brash, no-holds-barred style, while Hillary Clinton is known for her more measured approach.
- Donald Trump has made a lot of controversial statements during his campaign, while Hillary Clinton has largely stayed away from controversy.
- Donald Trump has been endorsed by the Ku Klux Klan, while Hillary Clinton has been endorsed by the National Rifle Association.
- In terms of policy, Donald Trump has said he would build a wall on the Mexican border and ban Muslims from entering the country, while Hillary Clinton has said she would strengthen gun control laws and increase Syrian refugees.
Ultimately, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are two very different people who would make very different presidents.
In the end, it will be up to the voters to decide who they think is most fit to lead our country. The differences between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are stark, and it will be interesting to see how the rest of the campaign plays out. As we move closer to election day, remember to get informed about each candidate and their policies so that you can make an educated decision on November 8th.