Both Trello and Evernote are popular tools for organizing and managing information. But which one is the best tool for your needs? Here is a comparison of Trello and Evernote to help you decide.
What is Trello?
Trello is a web-based Kanban-style list-making application that is a subsidiary of Atlassian. Trello’s browser version supports Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Apple Safari web browsers.
- Trello also has mobile applications for Android, iOS, Windows Phone, and Kindle Fire released under the freemium business model. Trello lets users create boards to organize anything they want.
- Each board contains lists that contain cards. Users can add labels and due dates to cards and prioritize them by dragging and dropping them on different lists. Trello offers a Power-Ups feature that allows users to integrate their boards with other services such as Dropbox, Evernote, Slack, GitHub, and Google Hangouts.
- Trello is free to use with basic features; however, users can pay for Trello Gold to unlock additional features such as avatar customization and larger file attachment limits. Trello Enterprise is a paid service designed for companies that need features such as unlimited Power-Ups, Single Sign On (SSO), and priority support.
Trello was founded in 2011 by Joel Spolsky and Michael Pryor. It subsequently received seed funding from Arnold Schwarzenegger’s investment fund Oak Investment Partners in 2012 Trello was acquired by Atlassian in January 2017 for $425 million USD.”
What is Evernote?
Evernote is a productivity app that helps users capture and organize ideas, thoughts, and reminders. It was launched in 2008 and by 2011 Evernote had 10 million users. The app allows users to create notes, which can include text, images, audio recordings, and files. Notes can be organized into notebooks, and users can also share notes with others. Evernote has a variety of features that make it a useful tool for students, professionals, and anyone who wants to be more organized and productive. For example, users can set reminders, search for keywords, and access their notes offline. Evernote is available on a variety of platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac.
Difference between Trello and Evernote
Trello and Evernote are both popular productivity tools that can help you organize your thoughts and manage your tasks.
- Trello is a kanban-style project management tool that uses boards, lists, and cards to help you organize your thoughts and track your progress.
- Evernote, on the other hand, is a note-taking tool that allows you to capture and store your thoughts in a variety of formats, including text, images, and audio.
- Both Trello and Evernote have their own unique strengths and weaknesses, so it’s important to choose the tool that best fits your needs.
Trello is great for visual thinkers who need to see their ideas laid out in front of them, while Evernote is ideal for users who need to be able to access their notes from anywhere.
If you’re looking for a simple to-do list and don’t need any extra features, Trello is probably the better choice. But if you want more flexibility in terms of organizing information and have a team that needs to collaborate on projects, Evernote is a better option. Whichever tool you decide to go with, make sure to take advantage of the free trial periods offered by both platforms so you can test them out yourself and see which one works best for your individual needs.