Are you curious about the difference between Skype and Skype for Business? Many people are confused about the differences, so I’m going to break it down for you. Skype is a communication platform that allows you to call people for free over the internet, while Skype for Business is a business-oriented version of Skype that includes additional features like online meetings, file sharing, and integration with Microsoft Outlook. If you’re looking for a simple way to communicate with family and friends, Skype is your best option. But if you need more features and functionality for your business, then Skype for Business is the right choice.
What is Skype?
Skype is a telecommunications application that specializes in providing video chat and voice calls between computers, tablets, mobile devices, the Xbox One console, and smartwatches via the Internet.
- Skype also provides instant messaging services. Skype for Windows 10 has a feature called Skype Translator that translates voice and video calls in real-time. Skype allows video conference calls.
- Skype is free to download onto your device of choice. You can also make Skype-to-Skype calls if you’re both using Skype on your devices. You can purchase Skype credits to make calls to landlines or mobile phones if you’re not using Skype on your device.
- You can also purchase a Skype Number, which is essentially a virtual phone number that allows people to call you from their regular phone lines. Anyone can call you on Skype with this Skype number, even if they don’t have a Skype account.
You can even set up call forwarding so that people who call your Skype number will be forwarded to your regular phone line. Skype is a really handy tool to have whether you’re keeping in touch with loved ones who live far away or need to collaborate with colleagues on work projects. It’s easy to use and makes staying connected really convenient.
What is Skype For Business?
Skype for Business is Microsoft’s enterprise chat and video conferencing software. It combines the features of Skype’s consumer software with business-specific tools, such as meeting scheduling and integration with Outlook. Skype for Business can be used on desktop and mobile devices and offers features such as screen sharing, group chat, and video Calling. Skype for Business is typically used by businesses of all sizes, from small businesses to large enterprises. Skype for Business is a cost-effective way to improve communication and collaboration within an organization.
Difference between Skype and Skype For Business
- Skype and Skype For Business are both video chat services that allow users to communicate with each other in real-time. Skype is a consumer-oriented service that is free to use, while Skype For Business is a subscription-based service designed for businesses.
- Skype For Business offers a number of features not found in Skype, including HD video and audio, screen sharing, and integration with Microsoft Office.
- In addition, Skype For Business is more reliable and has better security than Skype. As a result, Skype For Business is the better choice for businesses that need to communicate regularly and securely. However, for individuals who just want to keep in touch with friends and family, Skype is more than sufficient.
Skype and Skype for Business are both great products with their own unique features, but there is a clear distinction between the two. If you are looking for a communication tool that can help your business run more smoothly, then Skype for Business is the right choice for you. However, if you are just looking for a way to stay in touch with friends and family, then Skype will work just fine.