Both Scientology and Christian Science are based on religious principles, but there are some distinct differences between the two. Scientology is a fairly new religion, founded in 1954, while Christian Science has been around for over 100 years. Scientology is based on the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard, while Christian Science is based on the teachings of Mary Baker Eddy. Christian Science does not believe in medical treatment, while Scientologists do. Finally, Scientology charges money for its services, while Christian Science does not.
What is Scientology?
Scientology is a religion that was founded by L. Ron Hubbard in 1952. Scientology teaches that humans are immortal spiritual beings that have infinite potential. Scientology also teaches that humans can reach their full potential through the study and application of Scientology principles. Scientology is currently practiced by millions of people around the world, and it has been recognized by various governments as a bona fide religion. Scientology’s central texts are the Scientology Scriptures, which include the works of L. Ron Hubbard.
What is Christian Science?
- Christian Science is a religious movement that was founded in the 19th century by Mary Baker Eddy. The movement teaches that people can heal themselves and others through prayer and meditation, and that there is no need for medical intervention.
- Christian Science has been controversial, with some claiming that it is a dangerous cult and others asserting that it is a legitimate religion. Christian Science remains a small but influential movement, with churches and schools in many countries around the world.
- While Christian Science does not have a large following, its teachings continue to resonate with many people who are searching for a different way to live and to understand the world.
Difference between Scientology and Christian Science
Scientology and Christian Science are two Scientology and Christian Science are two very different organizations. Scientology is a religion that was founded by L. Ron Hubbard, while Christian Science is a denomination of the Christian religion.
- Scientology teaches that every individual is immortal and has a spirit that lives on after death, while Christian Science teaches that there is no afterlife and that death is simply the end of consciousness.
- Scientology also teaches that humans are infiltrated by alien spirits called “thetans” which must be Scientology also teaches that humans are infiltrated by alien spirits called “thetans” which must be exorcised in order for an individual to achieve true happiness, while Christian Science does not believe in the existence of aliens or demons.
- Scientology requires its members to pay for courses and services in order to progress through the religion, while Christian Science is entirely free. Scientology has been criticized for being a cult, while Christian Science has not.
Scientology has been involved in several high-profile lawsuits, while Christian Science has not. Overall, Scientology and Christian Science are two very different organizations with different beliefs, practices, and histories.
Scientology and Christian Science are two very different religions. They have different beliefs, practices, and followers. While they may share some similarities, they are ultimately quite different. If you are interested in either of these religions, it is important to understand the differences between them.