In the world of programming languages, Python and PHP are two of the most popular options. While they have some similarities, there are also several key differences between the two.
What is Python?
- Python is a programming language with many features that make it unique among other languages. It is an interpreted, high-level, general-purpose programming language. Python was created in the late 1980s by Guido van Rossum as a hobby project to keep him occupied during the week between Christmas and New Year’s. The name Python came from the BBC comedy series Monty Python’s Flying Circus.
- The syntax in Python is very clear, concise and readable. There is no need for curly braces or semicolons to mark the end of a statement. Variables can be declared without any type being specified. This makes Python an ideal language for scripting and rapid application development. It also has extensive libraries that allow users to do almost anything they want to do with the language.
- Python is used by major companies such as Google, Facebook, Instagram, Dropbox, Quora, Netflix, and many more. It is also one of the most popular languages on GitHub with over 1.8 million repositories.
What is PHP?
PHP is a server-side scripting language that is commonly used to develop dynamic web pages. PHP code is embedded into HTML code, and the resulting page is delivered to the user’s web browser. PHP is a popular language for web development due to its easy-to-use syntax and wide range of built-in functions. Additionally, PHP can be seamlessly integrated with other popular web technologies, such as MySQL databases and Apache web servers. As a result, PHP is an extremely versatile language that can be used to create sophisticated web applications.
Difference between Python and PHP
When it comes to programming languages, there are a few that stand out above the rest. two of the most popular languages are Python and PHP. Though they are both widely used, they have some key differences.
- For one, Python is considered to be a more versatile language. It can be used for everything from web development to data science.
- PHP, on the other hand, is more specialized for web development. It is also worth noting that PHP is a server-side language while Python can be used as either a server-side or client-side language.
- Another key difference is the learning curve. Python is generally considered to be easier to learn than PHP. This is due in part to its simple syntax and lack of complex features.
Overall, both Python and PHP are powerful languages with a lot to offer. However, the right language for you will depends on your needs and preferences.
- Python is a high-level, interpreted, general-purpose programming language with dynamic semantics. Its design philosophy emphasizes code readability, and its syntax allows programmers to express concepts in fewer lines of code than possible in languages such as C++ or Java.
- PHP is a server-side scripting language designed for web development but also used as a general-purpose programming language. It was originally created by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994.
- Python has been around since 1989 while Php has only been around since 1995
- PHP is more popular that Python with over 82 million domains using the software compared to Python’s 1.5 million.