What are the key differences between MediaTek and Snapdragon processors? And which one is better for mobile devices? In this article, we will break down the pros and cons of each chipset to help you decide which is best for your needs.
What is MediaTek?
MediaTek is a Taiwanese fabless semiconductor company that provides chipsets for wireless communications, High-definition television, handheld mobile devices like smartphones and tablet computers, navigation systems, consumer multimedia products and Digital subscriber line services as well as optical disc drives.
- MediaTek was originally a unit of United Microelectronics Corporation (UMC) tasked with designing chipsets for home entertainment products. On May 28, 1997, the MediaTek division was spun off and MediaTek Inc.
- was established with an initial capital of NT$30 million. MediaTek was listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange under the “2454” code on July 23, 2001.
- The company’s logo during its early years was an acknowledgment of the cinematic techniques known astekkersor tekkies derived from Dutch and Afrikaans. MediaTek’s first product was the TN Engine chip for GSM mobile phones. MediaTek launched a Wi-Fi chipset in 2001. In 2005, MediaTek acquired Inprocomm, a developer of 3G and 802.11xIP Ethernet gateway chipsets.
MediaTek also worked on WiMAX and LTE standards before releasing its first LTE modem in 2013. The company continues to develop new technologies for use in mobile devices, tablets, and other consumer electronics devices.
What is Snapdragon?
- Snapdragon processors are a line of mobile processors designed by Qualcomm. Snapdragon processors are used in a variety of devices, including smartphones, tablets, and wearable devices.
- Snapdragon processors are known for their high performance and low power consumption. Snapdragon processors are also designed to provide a high level of security and to support a variety of wireless technologies.
- Snapdragon processors are used in a variety of devices, including smartphones, tablets, and wearable devices. Snapdragon processors are known for their high performance and low power consumption. Snapdragon processors are also designed to provide a high level of security and to support a variety of wireless technologies.
Difference between MediaTek and Snapdragon
MediaTek and Snapdragon are two of the most popular mobile processors on the market. MediaTek is known for its affordable chipsets that offer good performance, while Snapdragon is a premium brand that offers high-end features.
- MediaTek processors are usually found in budget and mid-range phones, while Snapdragon processors are typically used in high-end smartphones.
- However, there are some exceptions to this rule, as MediaTek has begun to release more premium chipsets in recent years. Similarly, Snapdragon has also released some mid-range and budget processors.
- MediaTek processors are generally less power efficient than Snapdragon processors, but they offer better performance for the price. MediaTek also offers a wide range of features, including support for 4G LTE, dual cameras, and artificial intelligence.
Snapdragon processors are more expensive and typically offer better battery life and performance. However, they don’t always offer as many features as MediaTek processors.
If you’re in the market for a new phone and are trying to decide between a MediaTek or Snapdragon processor, we hope this article has been helpful. We looked at the two processors in terms of performance, features, and price point so that you can make an informed decision about which one is right for you.