Kush and OG are some of the most popular cannabis strains today, but they have very different origins and effects. In this blog post, we’ll explore what sets these two apart, including their history, cultivation process, smells, and tastes. Ultimately, you’ll gain a better understanding of how Kush and OG differ from one another to make an informed decision when it comes to selecting your next strain. Let’s dive in!
What is Kush?
- Kush Cannabis is a strain of Cannabis originating in the Hindu Kush mountain range, located in the border regions of Pakistan and Afghanistan. Kush Cannabis has been used in these regions for centuries, prized for its relaxing effects as an herb.
- Kush Cannabis has a unique flavor profile when compared to other strains and is renowned for its deep earthy aroma. The high THC content associated with Kush Cannabis gives users a feeling of euphoria and relaxation, making it popular among recreational smokers.
- It’s also becoming sought after by medical marijuana patients searching for relief from chronic pain, inflammation, anxiety, and other ailments. Kush Cannabis can be found in dispensaries throughout North America, allowing users easy access to one of the oldest forms of marijuana.
What is OG Kush?
- OG Kush is one of the most famous strains of cannabis in the world. Believed to originate from Florida and/or California, OG Kush has high THC content with a light earthy flavor.
- OG Kush typically has an uplifting, mellow mental buzz with a harsh smoke that can be difficult on your throat and lungs. OG Kush is known for its sedative body effects which are perfect for relaxing after a long day or for providing relief from chronic pain.
- OG Kush gives you an upbeat feeling with a sense of euphoria and creativity, making it ideal for those seeking to boost their mood or just looking to unwind.
Difference between Kush and OG
Kush and OG represent two distinct families of strains, each with its own unique set of characteristics.
- Kush generally has a higher THC content than OG, allowing for a more intense psychoactive effect. Kush is also known for its distinct earthy aroma, which many find to be quite pleasant.
- On the other hand, OG tends to be much more pungent, with an almost diesel-like smell.
- Despite the difference in smell and potency, Kush and OG are both very popular among cannabis connoisseurs who enjoy experimenting with various strain types.
Each of these classic varieties offers unique effects that can appeal to any cannabis enthusiast!
If you are in the market for some potent weed, then kush and OG are great choices. However, it is important to know the difference between the two before making a purchase. Kush is typically higher in THC content than OG, which means that it can offer a more powerful high. However, this also means that kush may be less suitable for beginners or those who are sensitive to THC. When choosing between kush and OG, consider your own needs and preferences to make sure you select the right strain for you.