If you are looking for a sporty car that is affordable, the Hyundai Tiburon and Tuscani are both great options. However, there are some differences between these two models that you should be aware of before making your decision. The Tiburon is a bit smaller and more compact than the Tuscani, and it also has a lower price tag. The Tuscani, on the other hand, has more features and is a bit more luxurious. So, which one is right for you? Read on to find out!
What is Hyundai Tiburon?
The Hyundai Tiburon is a sport compact car that was produced by Hyundai from 1996 to 2008. The first generation Tiburon was based on the Hyundai Sonata platform, and shared many components with the Sonata.
- The Tiburon was offered in both coupe and convertible body styles and was powered by a range of four-cylinder engines. The Tiburon was succeeded by the Hyundai Genesis Coupe in 2009.
- The Tiburon was initially introduced as a four-cylinder, front-wheel drive coupe. In 1998, a V6 engine option was added, and the car began to be marketed as a “performance coupe.” The Tiburon featured distinctively styled “bubble” headlights, and later models received an updated front fascia with projector headlights.
- The Tiburon was well-received upon its initial release and praised for its stylish design and relatively affordable price tag. However, the Tiburon’s performance was not particularly impressive, and it was criticized for its lack of refinement.
Nonetheless, the Tiburon remained popular throughout its production run and helped to establish Hyundai as a maker of stylish and sporty vehicles.
What is Hyundai Tuscani?
Tuscani is a vehicle model manufactured by the South Korean automaker Hyundai. First introduced in 1996, Tuscani was originally the name of a trim level offered on the Hyundai Sonata. In 2002, Hyundai debuted a new Tuscani model, which was based on the Hyundai Coupe. Tuscani was discontinued in 2008, but it was briefly reintroduced as a special edition model in 2012. Tuscani models are known for their distinctive style and performance, and they have won several awards over the years. Despite its discontinuation, Tuscani remains a popular model among Hyundai fans and continues to command a high resale value.
Difference between Hyundai Tiburon and Tuscani
There are a few key differences between the Hyundai Tiburon and Tuscani models. The Tiburon is a coupe, while the Tuscani is a sedan. The Tiburon has two doors and seating for four, while the Tuscani has four doors and seating for five.
- The Tiburon is also available with a manual transmission, while the Tuscani is only available with an automatic transmission.
- The Tuscani is faster and more powerful than the Tiburon, with a 0-60 time of 5.8 seconds and a top speed of 155 mph. The Tiburon has a 0-60 time of 7.2 seconds and a top speed of 140 mph.
- Finally, the Tuscani is more expensive than the Tiburon, with a starting price of $22,000 compared to the Tiburon’s starting price of $18,000.
The Hyundai Tiburon and Tuscani are two very different cars. The Tiburon is a more affordable option for those looking for a sports car, while the Tuscani is much more expensive. Both cars offer great features, but the Tuscani outperforms the Tiburon in many ways. If you’re looking for an affordable sports car, the Tiburon is a great option, but if you have a little more money to spend and want a better-performing car, go with the Tuscani.