Protein is an essential part of a healthy diet; it helps to build and maintain muscle, boosts energy, and can be the difference between feeling fit or exhausted. When it comes to getting your protein from food sources, many people turn to whey protein – but hemp protein is becoming increasingly popular too!
In this blog post, we’ll explain why you should consider adding hemp as an alternative source of protein into your daily nutrition plan, including all the benefits it has over standard whey proteins. Whether you’re just starting out with supplementing your diet with an external form of protein or looking to switch things up —this read will help provide valuable insight so that you can make the best decision for yourself on which type of protein should become a staple in your nutritional intake. Let’s get started!
What is Hemp Protein?
- Hemp protein is an increasingly popular form of natural dietary supplement that derives from hemp plants. Hemp protein is a vegan-friendly, nutrient-rich powder made simply by pressing and grinding Hemp seeds into a fine powder.
- Hemp protein offers many benefits, including being high in dietary fiber, containing all essential amino acids for muscle growth and repair, and providing all nine essential fatty acids for energy production and cell health.
- Hemp protein also contains minerals like magnesium, iron, and zinc to promote overall health. This versatile superfood can be easily blended with smoothies or added to baking recipes for a nutritional boost. Hemp Protein is the perfect way to add powerful nutrition to your diet without sacrificing taste!
What is Whey Protein?
- Whey protein is a nutritional powerhouse, commonly known for its role in weight loss and muscle building. As one of the dairy-based proteins, whey forms the basis of many supplements on the market, and for good reason.
- Whey has been cited as a potential aid for lowering blood sugar levels, improving immunity, reducing inflammation, and increasing strength and muscle performance.
- Though Whey Protein itself is not a miracle solution, it certainly can provide numerous health benefits when used in conjunction with an overall balanced lifestyle that includes adequate nutrition, rest, and exercise.
Difference between Hemp Protein and Whey Protein
Hemp Protein and Whey Protein are two types of proteins found in different products.
- Hemp Protein is derived from hemp seeds, while Whey Protein is derived from milk. Hemp Protein is a complete plant-based protein that contains all the essential amino acids; it also provides healthy fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
- In comparison, Whey Protein is considered to be a fast-acting protein with fast rates of digestion and absorption. Hemp Protein takes longer for the body to digest, resulting in sustained release of its nutrients throughout the day.
- Hemp Protein has less calories and fat than Whey Protein, so if you are looking for a higher concentration of protein per serving size with lower amounts of overall calories Hemp is an excellent choice.
Ultimately choosing which type of protein to take depends on personal preference and dietary needs.
If you’re like most people, you probably think all protein powders are created equally. But the truth is, there are big differences between hemp protein and whey protein – both in terms of nutrition and how they affect your body. If you want to make sure you’re getting the best possible nutrition from your protein powder, it’s important to understand the difference between these two popular options.