Marijuana and hemp are both members of the cannabis family, but they are very different plants. Hemp is a fiber crop, while marijuana is used to produce psychoactive drugs. Hemp has many uses, including making paper, clothing, and building materials. Marijuana is only grown for its drug properties.
What is Hemp?
Hemp is a type of plant that is related to the marijuana plant. However, hemp contains only trace amounts of THC, the psychoactive compound in marijuana. Hemp has been used for centuries to make rope, paper, and cloth. Hemp is also used in the production of CBD oil, which has been shown to provide a number of potential health benefits. Some people believe that hemp may also have the ability to help relieve anxiety and pain, as well as improve sleep quality. Hemp is legal in many parts of the world, and its popularity is growing rapidly.
What is Weed?
- Weed is a general term used to describe any plant that is growing where it is not wanted. Weed growth can be problematic in gardens and lawns, as well as in agricultural fields. Weeds compete with desirable plants for space, water, and sunlight, and can quickly take over an area if left unchecked.
- Many weed species also have deep roots that make them difficult to remove. In some cases, the chemicals produced by weed roots can actually inhibit the growth of other plants nearby.
- Fortunately, there are a number of effective Weed control methods available, including physical removal, herbicides, and mulching. With a little effort, it is possible to keep Weed growth under control and maintain a healthy garden or lawn.
Difference between Hemp and Weed
- Hemp and Weed are two plants that are often confused with one another. Both Hemp and Weed belong to the Cannabaceae family, but they are different species. Hemp is a variety of Cannabis sativa, while Weed is a variety of Cannabis indica.
- Hemp is grown for its industrial uses, such as for making paper and clothing. Weed, on the other hand, is grown for its recreational use. Hemp contains very low levels of THC, the psychoactive compound that gives users a “high.” In contrast, Weed contains high levels of THC, making it popular for recreational use.
- Hemp is legal in most parts of the world, while Weed is illegal in many countries. Hemp cultivation can help to improve soil health by preventing soil erosion and replenishing nutrients. In addition, Hemp can also be used as a biofuel.
Hemp and weed are both cannabis plants, but there is a big difference between the two. Hemp has many uses including textiles, food, building materials, and more.