Are you unsure of the difference between goggles and sunglasses? You’re not alone! While both items offer eye protection from the sun, there are some key distinctions between them. Here, we’ll break down everything you need to know about each type of eyewear.
What is Goggles?
- Goggles, or safety glasses, are a type of protective eyewear designed to shield your eyes from potential hazards. They are commonly worn in workplaces where there is a risk of flying debris or liquids, such as construction sites or laboratories.
- Goggles can also be worn while participating in certain sports, such as skiing or motocross, to protect against the elements. Goggles typically have a wrap-around design that helps to provide a snug and secure fit, and they often come equipped with an adjustable strap for added comfort.
- When selecting a pair of goggles, it is important to choose a style that will offer the appropriate level of protection for the activity you will be participating in.
What is Sunglasses?
Sunglasses are a type of eyewear designed to protect the eyes from harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays. Sunglasses can reduce glare and help with eye fatigue, making them ideal for outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, and driving. In addition, sunglasses can improve your vision in low-light conditions and protect your eyes from debris and other potential hazards. Whether you’re looking for a new pair of shades for the beach or the slopes, there’s a style of sunglasses to suit every need. When shopping for sunglasses, be sure to look for a pair that offers 100% UV protection.
Difference between Goggles and Sunglasses
- Goggles and sunglasses both protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful rays. However, they differ in a few key ways. Goggles are typically made of a thicker material than sunglasses, and they fit more snugly to your face.
- This makes them ideal for activities like skiing or snowboarding, where you need to be protected from both the sun and the wind. Goggles also typically have a wider field of vision than sunglasses, making them a better choice for activities that require a high degree of situational awareness.
- Sunglasses, on the other hand, are usually more stylish than goggles, and they can be easily slipped on and off. They are also less likely to fog up in humid conditions. Ultimately, the choice between goggles and sunglasses depends on your needs and preferences.
While sunglasses are a popular fashion statement, they also have an important functional role in protecting your eyes from the sun. Goggles, on the other hand, are typically used for protection in specific activities such as swimming or skiing. Understanding the difference between goggles and sunglasses can help you make a more informed decision about which type of eyewear is best for you.