Excellence vs. Perfection
What is Difference between Excellence and Perfection? Excellence is an attempt to perform an action or task in the best possible way, while perfection is one hundred percent of something that reached the highest possible level. For example, let’s take the case of life. Life on the path of his existence is a perfect creation of God. No matter how hard scientists work in creating a robot that can reproduce what a human being or an animal can do. They are excellent robots, but they will never be able to match the perfect functioning of a human or animal body. Below this post is all about the difference between Excellence and Perfection.
Difference between Excellence and Perfection
Seeing it from the theme of excellence is what humanity gets in its effort to be perfect. Philosophical perfection implies that our being is better than others, while excellence is an attempt to be better than it already is. Of the two the latter is a morally superior position.
One could say that perfection in most human beings is really a fantasy, since it is unattainable. Excellence instead is being higher than most human beings are, since it is attainable and something that can be fought for. You can say excellence allows you to be wrong from time to time, while perfection excludes that possibility.
Excellence because of its beneficial effects leads to power, while perfection due to the impossibility attributed to it leads to frustration and disappointment. You may want to be excellent as an athlete because it is definable, but you cannot be a perfect athlete, because you do not know when someone better comes and overcomes you.
There is a strong component of arrogance associated with the notion of perfection. Excellence is more democratic, since anyone can try to be better than they are, you could say that perfection is for the gods and excellence is for man. Humanity accepts its fragility with all humility and can only try to excel in what it does. The gods who are perfect on the contrary can sit in judgment on humanity. Perfection is all power and brute force, while excellence has the serene dignity of the brave.
- Excellence is an attempt to perform a task in the best possible way, while perfection is one hundred percent definitely right to do anything.
- Machines can often do things perfectly, man can only be excellent.
- Perfection implies our being better than others, while excellence is an attempt to be better than it already is.
- Excellence has a morally superior position to perfection.
- Perfection in most human beings is a fantasy, since it is unattainable, while excellence instead is being higher than most human beings are, since it is attainable and something for which it is can fight