Disney World is known for its awesome water parks, offering a plethora of exciting environments and attractions. Two of the most popular among guests are Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, two entirely different settings and experiences within their own right. Have you heard of these? Are you wondering what sets them apart from each other? Let us tell you: we’ll be going into the details of each park in this post, exploring all the wonderful features that make Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon two unique must-see attractions at Disney World!
What is Blizzard Beach?
Blizzard Beach is an innovative waterpark located at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. Opened on April 1, 1995, Blizzard Beach was designed by former Imagineer Don Wildman and inspired by the “mythical snow ski resort that suddenly became a waterslide paradise”.
- With its towering slopes, white-capped mountains, and surfboard slides spread across twelve acres of parkland, Blizzard Beach has been hailed as one of the best water parks of all time.
- Visitors can experience heart-pounding adventures on Blizzard Beach’s thrilling slides and rides or relax in a lazy river atop artificial icebergs and meander through caves.
- There are also activities for children such as Tikes Peak which provides smaller slides and attractions specifically tailored for tykes. Blizzard Beach is definitely a must-visit destination in Disney World.
What is Typhoon Lagoon?
- Typhoon Lagoon is one of the most iconic Disney water parks located in Florida. It was built to resemble a tropical paradise, complete with unique attractions, delightful restaurants, and white sandy beaches.
- The Typhoon Lagoon boasts an impressive wave pool that churns up a two-foot high swell every 90 seconds, helping visitors cool off from the warmth of the Florida sun.
- Other highlights include a lazy river, thrilling water slides, and activities designed for all ages like snorkeling and scuba diving in the Lost City of Atlantis. Typhoon Lagoon offers something for everyone and provides an exciting escape that won’t soon be forgotten!
Difference between Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon
Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon are two water parks located in Walt Disney World.
- Blizzard Beach is a winter-themed water park with ski resort-style attractions while Typhoon Lagoon creates imagery resembling a tropical monsoon.
- Blizzard Beach includes slide rides such as the Summit Plummet, one of the tallest slides in the world! Blizzard Beach also has a unique selection of inner tube rides that meander down the slopes of its attraction.
- On the other hand, Typhoon Lagoon offers thrilling water rides like the Humunga Kowabunga speed slides and Shark Reef for those who want to snorkel with real fish!
Both Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon offer guests lots of fun experiences– from leisurely lagoons to rushing rapids and racing down water slides!
In conclusion, Blizzard Beach is great for those who want to spend a day relaxing in the sun and enjoying the water park amenities. Typhoon Lagoon is perfect for adventurous types who crave thrills and spills. No matter what your preference, both parks offer a fun-filled experience for the whole family!