Apple TV and Boxee are both devices that allow users to watch streaming content, but there are some important differences between the two. Apple TV is a closed system that requires users to have an iTunes account in order to access content from the iTunes Store. Boxee is an open system that allows users to access a wide variety of streaming content from sources like Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Pandora. Which device is right for you? Read on to find out.
What is Apple Tv?
Apple TV is a digital media player and micro-console developed and sold by Apple Inc. It is a small network appliance and entertainment device that can receive digital data from a number of sources and stream it to a capable television.
- Apple TV is an HDMI-compliant source device. To use it for viewing, it has to be connected to an enhanced-definition or high-definition widescreen television via an HDMI cable. The device has built-in Wi-Fi capability and can connect to the Internet via a wired Ethernet connection or Wi-Fi network.
- Apple’s implementation of HDMI 1.3 allows for a passthrough of Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound, Apple Lossless audio, and photo slideshows with transitions. Apple provides various trailers on the Apple TV for HD movies available on the iTunes Store, some of which are free while others are rentals that need to be paid for.
- Users can choose whether they want those trailers to play automatically when they first turn on their Apple TV or whether they prefer to have them played only when prompted by the user (although in either case, any trailers purchased through iTunes will always play automatically).
What is Boxee?
Boxee is a social media center that allows users to connect with friends and family to watch shows, movies, and more. It has an easy-to-use interface and comes with a variety of features that make it a great choice for those who want to stay connected with loved ones. Boxee also offers a variety of apps that can be used to extend the functionality of the service. For example, there are apps for weather, news, music, and more. Boxee is a great way to stay connected with friends and family and offers a variety of features that make it a great choice for those who want to stay connected.
Difference between Apple Tv and Boxee
Apple TV and Boxee are two popular media streaming devices. Apple TV is a small black box that connects to your TV and allows you to stream movies, TV shows, and music from your iTunes library, as well as rent or buys movies and TV shows from the iTunes Store.
- Boxee is a small black box that also connects to your TV and allows you to stream movies, TV shows, and music from your personal computer, as well as from popular online services like Netflix, Hulu, and Pandora.
- Both Apple TV and Boxee have their own advantages and disadvantages. Apple TV is more expensive than Boxee, but it has a simpler interface and supports a wider range of content sources.
- Boxee is less expensive than Apple TV, but it has a more complex interface and does not support as many content sources. ultimately, the choice between Apple TV and Boxee depends on your personal preferences and needs.
So, which box is right for you? It depends on what you’re looking for. If you want an easy way to watch your favorite shows and don’t mind paying a little more, go with Apple TV. If you want a more customizable experience and are willing to put in a bit of extra effort, Boxee is the better option.