Android and HTC are two different types of cell phones that have many features in common. Both phones have touch screens and can run apps, but there are some key differences between the two. Android is an open-source operating system while HTC uses a modified version of Android. Android is available on a wider range of devices, while HTC is available on fewer devices. Finally, HTC integrates Beats Audio into its devices, which gives users better sound quality. Overall, the two phones offer similar functionality but differ in some key ways.
What is Android?
Android is a mobile operating system developed by Google.
- Android is based on a modified version of the Linux kernel and other open source software and is designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. In addition, Android has a large ecosystem of applications and developers, which makes it one of the most popular mobile platforms.
- Android has been installed on over two billion devices, making it the world’s most popular mobile operating system. Android is also the most popular platform for Smartphones. Android was first released in 2008 and has since been continually updated with new features and functionality.
- Android is available on a wide variety of devices, including phones, tablets, wearables, TVs, and cars. Android is developed by an open-source community, which makes it free and easy to customize. Android is also used by many major manufacturers, such as Samsung, HTC, Motorola, and LG.
- Android has a large selection of apps available on the Google Play Store, which is the primary app store for Android devices. Android also has a number of features that make it unique, such as Android Pay, Google Now, and Voice Search. Android is also constantly being updated with new features and security patches.
What is HTC?
HTC is a Taiwanese consumer electronics company founded in 1997. HTC began as an original design manufacturer and original equipment manufacturer, making smartphones and tablets for other companies. HTC eventually became a major smartphone vendor in its own right, releasing the HTC Dream, the first Android phone, in 2008. HTC has since released a number of groundbreaking devices, including the HTC One M7, which was named the best smartphone of 2013 by multiple reviewers. HTC is currently headquartered in New Taipei City, Taiwan.
Difference between Android and HTC
Android and HTC are two popular smartphone operating systems.
- Android is a Linux-based OS that was developed by Google. HTC is a Windows CE-based OS that was developed by HTC Corporation.
- Android is open source, meaning that anyone can develop and distribute Android apps. HTC is a closed source, meaning that only HTC can develop and distribute HTC apps.
- Android offers more customization options than HTC. For example, you can install third-party launchers, icon packs, and themes on Android devices. you can also root Android devices to gain access to even more customization options.
- HTC devices cannot be customized as much as Android devices. However, HTC devices do have some unique features, such as the BlinkFeed home screen panel.
- Android devices are available from a variety of manufacturers, including Samsung, LG, and Sony. HTC devices are only available from HTC.
- Android devices use the Google Play Store for app distribution. HTC devices use the Windows Phone Store for app distribution.
Android is an open-source mobile operating system while HTC uses a modified version of Android. This means that the look and feel of HTC phones are more consistent than Android phones because there are not as many variations in the user interface (UI). Another difference between the two systems is that HTC offers built-in software features while Android allows users to choose from a variety of apps on Google Play. For example, if you want to edit photos on your phone, HTC has a photo editor pre-installed, but with an Android phone, you would need to find an app in the Google Play store. Finally, HTC Sense provides additional customization options for users such as changing themes and adding widgets to their home screen.