The Amazon Echo and the Echo Dot are two very different devices. Though they share a lot of similarities, there are also some key differences between the two. In this post, we’ll take a look at those differences and help you decide which one is right for you.
What is Amazon Echo?
- Amazon Echo is a voice-controlled smart speaker developed by Amazon.com. The device connects to the Amazon Alexa Voice Service to play music, answer questions, make calls, send and receive messages, provide weather and traffic updates, and more.
- Amazon Echo also has built-in support for smart home devices, such as Philips Hue lights, Nest thermostats, Amazon Fire TV, and more. Amazon Echo is available in two models: the original Amazon Echo and the Amazon Echo Plus.
- The Amazon Echo Plus features a built-in Zigbee smart home hub, which allows it to directly control compatible smart home devices without the need for a separate hub. Amazon Echo is available in three colors: black, white, and silver. Amazon Echo is priced at $179.99.
What is Amazon Echo Dot?
- Amazon Echo Dot is a voice-controlled smart speaker with Amazon’s virtual assistant, Alexa. Amazon first released the Echo Dot in 2016, and it has since become one of the most popular smart speakers on the market.
- The Echo Dot is designed to be used in the home, and it can perform a variety of tasks such as playing music, controlling smart devices, and adding items to a shopping list.
- The Echo Dot also has a built-in speaker, so it can be used as a speakerphone for making calls or for playing audio from Amazon Music, Spotify, and other streaming services. The latest model of the Echo Dot also includes a LED display, which can be used to show the time, temperature, or other information.
Difference between Amazon Echo and Echo Dot
Amazon’s Echo and Echo Dot are two of the most popular smart speakers on the market. Both devices are powered by Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant and offer a hands-free experience for controlling your smart home, playing music, checking the weather, and more. So, what’s the difference between the Amazon Echo and Echo Dot?
- The Amazon Echo is the larger of the two devices.
- It has a built-in speaker that can fill a room with sound. It also has a higher-quality microphone array, which makes it better at picking up your voice from across the room.
- The Amazon Echo is best suited for use as a primary speaker in your home.
- The Amazon Echo Dot is a smaller, more compact device. It has a built-in speaker, but it’s not as powerful as the one in the Amazon Echo.
However, it does have a 3.5mm audio output, which allows you to connect it to external speakers for increased volume. The Amazon Echo Dot is best suited for use as a secondary speaker in your home or as a way to add Alexa to another room in your house.
The Amazon Echo Dot is a cheaper, smaller version of the original Amazon Echo. It has all of the features of the Echo but lacks the powerful speaker that the Echo has. If you’re looking for an affordable way to get into the world of voice-activated assistants, and don’t need or want a powerful speaker, then the Echo Dot is perfect for you.