Do you know the difference between a Brazilian Blowout and a Keratin Treatment? If not, you’re not alone! Most people don’t know the difference, but they are two very different treatments. A Brazilian Blowout is a hair treatment that uses formaldehyde to temporarily straighten your hair. A Keratin Treatment is a hair treatment that uses keratin to permanently straighten your hair. So which one should you choose? That depends on what you want! If you want temporary straightness, go with a Brazilian Blowout. If you want permanent straightness, go with a Keratin Treatment.
What is a Brazilian Blowout?
A Brazilian Blowout is a type of hair treatment that smooths and straightens hair. The treatment began in Brazil and quickly gained popularity due to its ability to give hair a sleek, frizz-free look. Brazilian Blowouts are usually done in salon by a professional stylist, but there are also at-home treatments available.
The treatment works by sealing a protective layer of protein around the hair shaft. This protein layer helps to smooth out the hair and prevent frizz. Brazilian Blowouts can last for several weeks, and they typically need to be redone every 4-6 weeks to maintain the desired results. Brazilian Blowouts have become increasingly popular in recent years, and they are a popular choice for those who want to achieve sleek, straight hair.
What is a Keratin Treatment?
- Keratin treatments are a popular way to smooth and straighten hair. They work by infusing Keratin, a protein that naturally occurs in hair, into the strands. Keratin treatments can be done at a salon or at home, and they typically last between three and five months.
- Keratin treatments can be an expensive investment, but many people find that they are worth the cost. Keratin treatments can help to make hair more manageable, and they can also protect against damage from heat styling and UV exposure.
- When choosing a Keratin treatment, it is important to select one that is formulated for your specific hair type. Keratin treatments are a great way to achieve smooth, healthy-looking hair.
Difference between a Brazilian Blowout and a Keratin Treatment
- Brazilian Blowout and a Keratin Treatment are two types of hair treatments that are available to people who want to have straight and manageable hair. Brazilian Blowout is a treatment that uses chemicals to straighten the hair, and it can last for up to 12 weeks.
- Keratin Treatment is a treatment that uses heat and chemicals to straighten the hair, and it can last for up to 4 months. Brazilian Blowout is more expensive than Keratin Treatment, but it lasts longer.
- Keratin Treatment is less expensive than Brazilian Blowout, but it does not last as long. Brazilian Blowout is better for people who have very curly hair, and Keratin Treatment is better for people who have wavy or frizzy hair.
The answer is that they are not the same thing. While both treatments use keratin as their main ingredient, a Brazilian Blowout uses an acetic acid solution to help open the cuticle of the hair shaft while a Keratin Treatment does not. This means that a Brazilian Blowout leaves your hair straighter and smoother for longer than a Keratin Treatment.